On Mon, 6 May 2002, Reuter, Joseph wrote:
>Kayvan A Sylvan wrote:
>>
>> Of course. It's detex, not deLyX.

>Lyx 1.1.6 has the operation File->export->ASCII. Why not do that and then
>use wc on the resulting file?

OK: This would be perfect if you could pipe the output from lyx to wc. I
prefer pipes to files for operations like this and I don't find a flag to
force output to standard output. So, you have to do something like the
following.

        <path, if necessary>lyx --export text file.lyx
        wc <flags> file.txt
        rm file.txt

If, like me, you have aliased lyx for geometry and to force share a shared
color map, you must provide the entire path.  The grep approach (which
requires some knowledge of the lyx file format) is much faster. However,
both are fast and probably fast enough. (The difference is between
fractions of a second a couple of seconds on an alpha LX164. YMMV)

--
Mark Hansel
PO Box 41