This helps...

\addcontentsline{file}{sec_unit}{entry}

The \addcontentsline command adds an entry to the specified list or table
where...

    * file is the extension of the file on which information is to be written:
toc (table of contents), lof (list of figures), or lot (list of tables).
    * sec_unit controls the formatting of the entry. It should be one of the
following, depending upon the value of the file argument:
         1. toc - the name of the sectional unit, such as part or subsection.
         2. lof - figure
         3. lot - table
* entry is the text of the entry.