On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 07:33:01AM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 12:04:05AM -0400, Mark Carroll wrote:
> > > (a) I write a lot of documents where there are number-of-pages limitations
> > > on different sections. Can it be easy while editing documents in LyX to
> > > see where these limits are lying, like seeing the page boundaries and
> > > numbers in Word? I often have to craft documents to fit those limits.
> >
> > There is no method known to me.
>
> Well... There is always View->Postscript.

I keep an open gv session next to my lyx window with 'watch file' on, and have
'update postscript' bound to key F11, so it's just a matter of hitting F11 and
I can instantly see what the final doc will look like. Not exactly real time,
but close enough for all intents and purposes. It actually lets me concentrate
on the writing, and still get layout checks easily when needed.

Cheers,

f.