John Levon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 03:27:26PM +0200, Thorsten Fischer wrote:
>
>> I'm using lyx 1.2 for a couple of weeks now and is is great. However today I
>> started writing a text and got a strange behaviour. Everytime I press a key
>> for the second time , e.g. "mm" nothing happens. This happens for all keys
>> including backspace, space and so on.
>
| This is the third or so report on this, but we couldn't find out the
| problem. Try fiddling with your X key repeat settings ...
>
>> WorkArea: Key is `l' [108]
>> WorkArea: Keysym is `l' [108]
>> Using keysym [B]
>> Workarea Diff: 0
>
| This diff should NOT be 0 !

exactly! a bug in the xserver!

| What xforms version are you using ?
>
| Lars, I don't understand why we have the "break;" inside the if.
| Shouldn't we be setting last_time_pressed ?
>
| Can you look at this please ?

I did have a look at this earlier, and I found that on my laptop I
only see this when comming out of suspend. Which implies a bug in the
XServer. But anyway, we might be able to handle it, but it is very
hard without having separate events for key pressed and key released.
(a bug in XForms IMHO)

--
        Lgb