Anke Degenkolb wrote:
> Dekel Tsur wrote:
> > \let\oldquote=\quote
> > \let\oldendquote=\endquote
> > \renewenvironment{quote}
> >   {\begin{singlespace}\oldquote}
> >   {\oldendquote\end{singlespace}}
>
> thanks a lot. This works nearly perfect ;-)
> The line spacing is now perfect but the new quote-definition leads to an
> extra vertical space between the previous paragraph and the beginning of
> the quote. It looks like an additional empty line just before the quote
> begins. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this.

This is a bug in setspace. From setspace.sty:

%% POSSIBLE BUGS:
[...]
%%    . \begin{singlespace}\begin{quote} produces the wrong spacing before
%%      the quote (extra glue is inserted).

As Eugenio wrote, it is almost always better to use the commands
(\singlespacing) than the environments (\begin{singlespace} ...
\end{singlespace}).

Jürgen.