On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:51:50AM +0200, Axel Heinrici wrote:
> > I had the same problem and found a solution on Herbert's
> > marvelous pages:
> >
> >     http://www.lyx.org/help/floats/caption.php
> >
> This works! The problem is now that the shortcaptions I inserted
> with the tex command "\caption[...]{...}" disapear in the list of
> figures but appear in the cption. The list of figures consists of
> many lines just containing ......

This is because the shortcaption layout listed on the above page redefines the
caption command. Use the following in your layout file instead:

Style ShortCaption
  CopyStyle             Caption
  LatexName             shortcaption
  LabelString           "Short Caption:"
  LabelType             Static
  Preamble
\let\oldcaption=\caption
\newcommand{\shortcaption}[1]{%
  \renewcommand{\caption}[1]{\oldcaption[#1]{##1}}%
}
  EndPreamble
End