jonas nicolaisen wrote:

> I can get "o-slash" and "ae" via pressing alt-gr. OK.  I can also get
> "thorn" by the same method. But "a-ring"...
>
> I'm using latin-1 and german language.
>
> Is there a key combination to get "aring"?? Can I insert it as a single
> character from somewhere?? I really need to get this to work.

Use the X11 compose key, it is great!

Put the following in your ~/.Xmodmap:

!! Third example: Change right Control key to Compose key.
!! To do Compose Character, press this key and afterwards two
!! characters (e.g. `a' and `^' to get â).
remove  Control  = Control_R
keysym Control_R = Multi_key
add     Control  = Control_R

Activate it with xmodpmap ~/.Xmodmap

Then you can get å and Å with RCTRL a a /RCTRL A A.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann [EMAIL PROTECTED] wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux