Paul Tremblay wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 03:55:58AM +0100, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:
>>
>> Xforms sucks so bad, and QT is so beautiful. Also torturing the
>> developers to finally finish the job is known to work wonders :-)
>>

> I am not trying to be a contrarian here. I am sure you are right, that
> QT is so much better (though I'm not sure what it is --is it what KDE
> uses?).

Yes, KDE, qtella, opera, YaST are all qt-based.

> But LyX under Xform is so predictable and stable for me. It is
> the *only* document processor that even comes close to working on my
> linux box. Everything else is simply unusable, in part because of the
> gui.

> So yes, Xforms is ugly. But its predictability and stability make it
> beautiful for me. I hope the the new gui for LyX is as easy to set up
> and as predictable as Xforms.

Well finishing the QT-Frontend won't make the Xforms-GUI go away
(immediately...). It is important to get the QT-Frontend to a usable state,
so that users can test it out. ATM, I find the QT-Frontend less responsive
than the Xforms frontend, especially where it comes to scrolling.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann ICQ #3585990
(wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB, Mannheim)