On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:47, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 09:05:23AM -0800, Benjamin Huot wrote:
> > Does anyone know if LyX works with Phat Linux?
>
> I don't know. Have you tried?
>
> > It uses one of the native Linux file systems - I think ex2 - its based
> > on Mandrake although it installs on the same partition as Windows. You
> > reboot to start it and it runs in a Dos session.
>
> LyX needs an X server. If there is one in Phat Linux, chance are good LyX
> will run.

Yes, I think lyx will run on just about anything. I had lyx running on
2diskX-Linux (that's linux + X-windows on 2 floppies) on a borrowed old
laptop with M$-win on it. Few megs worth of libraries and the lyx binaries
were placed on the FAT32 partition, and symbolic linked in ramdisk after
booting off the floppy. Did not tex, but I could edit my work on the go.

Steve

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering