I'm running Redhat 8.0 on an I686 pc and using LyX 1.2.1. LyX will create a proper Postscript version with graphs of my document and will print OK but does not display the eps images in LyX itself. Every figure has "Error converting to loadable format." Yet it displays the figures in the Help documentation. I use R 1.6.1 to create eps figures using the onefile=FALSE, horizontal=FALSE, and paper="special" arguments. This used to work OK in earlier versions of LyX.

Another problem has to do with ps2pdf reporting for one document in particular:

[lrb0r22@rbilonick tmp]$ ps2pdf scamp.pm2.5.accuracy.precision.2.ps
Error: /undefinedfilename in (scamp.pm2.5.accuracy.precision.2.ps)
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1052/1123(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:88/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: 2
GNU Ghostscript 7.05: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

This happens when I try to view the document as a pdf. Other documents work OK and can be viewed in acrobat. (No figures are rendered and displayed within LyX, however.) I am not sure what the problem is with this particular document. I can attach the document if anyone wants to examine it. It's about 19 pages. I have also tried ps2pdf12 and ps2pdf13 to no avail.

Rick B.