Ivan Marchesini wrote:
> I would whant to know if I have to pronunce the name Lyx like Latex ("Latec")
> or simply like: "Lycs"......
> thank you very much!!!

We really need that .au file ``My name is Matthias Ettrich and
I pronounce LyX LyX.'' I believe that correct pronounciation is
the second one (American-like not Greek-like). After-all we shoot
for higher goal than to be just LaTeX front-end and so the
unnecessary connections to LaTeX are slightly harmfull.

BTW, LaTeX is correctly pronounced [Laitech].

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review
       of Pennsylvania, 1759.