Jean Marc Lasgouttes has posted the solution. It works fine for me :

De : Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : Max Bian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Max" == Max Bian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Max> Mandrake 8.2! What's broken? How do I fix it?

The urw-fonts package installs a wrong description of fonts (this is
fixed for future mandrake releases, AFAIK). To fix it, edit the /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/fonts.dir
file, so that the line which reads
s050000l.pfb -URW-Symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-urw-fontspecific
is changed to (only "urw" is changed to "adobe")
s050000l.pfb -URW-Symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-adobe-fontspecific

Then restart the X server (or reboot if you do not know how to do
that) and things should work again.

JMarc