Well its a bit hard to show you with just text but sometimes I use typed notation which should be a lot more and it would take a long time to type in with tex or the maths panel. It would be nice to be able to type in (1,0) and have it magically end up as all the maths (spectroscopic) stuff it should be. And to your question on lyxcode try puting

\renewenvironment{lyxcode} {\begin{list}{}{\huge\ttfamily}\item[]} {\end{list}}

in your preamble. You shuld have just come down and I would have given it to you.

cheers
owen

Paul Medwell wrote:

what do you mean by putting words in scientific notation?