Sure.  Edit -> Preferences -> Outputs.  Then set your spool command to lp.cups
or whatever you have linked to that command (probably lp, if anything).  If
you have more than one printer configured you may need to change the to
printer from -P to whatever destination you need to use.

If you're using CUPS you may want to install gimp-print, too.  It has lots
(lots!) of drivers.