Hi,

sorry for the silly question, but perhaps someone knows an easy
answer. I've been searching the web, but so far to no avail.

How do you call the "i" with two dots, and how can I enter in into
LyX?

In LaTeX, it would be \"{\i} (in case that helps...) ;-)

Of course, I could use ERT in LyX, but it would be more fun if i
could convince my XWindows to do it directly via keyboard...

Many thanks,

Andreas
--
Dr. Andreas Busch
Department of Politics and              [EMAIL PROTECTED]