Oscar López wrote:
> http://www.iit.upco.es/~oscar/download/foo.ps
>
> to see what I mean. The first figure is generated using
> prologues:=1; and the second one doesn't have the prologues:=1;
> In the first figure the \lambda is missing in the ylabel and
> the text of labels are text fonts. However in the second one,
> all labels are math fonts. I really need this feature of
> metapost files.

Well, \lambda is OK on my computer, because I have configured
properly GhostScript (see pdf file on
http://www.volny.cz/cepls/ps-pdf/foo.pdf). Unpack the attached
tarball (of course, I assume that you are with real operating
system which supports links not M$ crap), and then set up an
environment variable GS_LIB to point to that directory (in
~/.profile, ~/.bash_profile, ~/.zshenv, /etc/profile, etc. --
check with set | less, that it is really set). Then open your
file with

   gs foo.ps 2>&1 | tee foo.log

in xterm and you should see messages of ghostscript loading
appropriate fonts. If there is anything wrong, send me foo.log.

   Have a nice day,

      Matej Cepl

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

We are told that [St. Anthony] once fell into dejection, finding
uninterrupted contemplation above his strength; but was taught to
apply himself at intervals to manual labour by a vision of an
angel who appeared platting mats of palm-tree leaves, then rising
to pray, and after some time sitting down again to work; and who
at length said to him, "Do thus, and thou shalt be saved."
    -- Life of St. Anthony