On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, the wise Dominik Waßenhoven spoke, and said:

> Am Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2003 15:38 schrieb Marco Beishuizen:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to make my own .bst file with makebst.
>
> Does LyX (LaTeX) find your .bst-file? You can check this by looking into the
> "LaTeX log" (I don't know if it's called like this in english, in german it's
> "LaTeX Protokoll").

I can't find anything like it in my LaTeX log, but I did ran a Texhash
after putting the new .bst file into
/usr/local/share/texmf/bibtex/bst/misc. I also did a reconfigure.

> > But when I try to use this
> > generated file and view my dvi-output I get question marks for all of my
> > citation references and no reference list. In LyX itself all looks fine.
> > My LaTeX log file shows some warnings like:

> > LaTeX Warning: Citation 'author' on page XX undefined on input line XXX
> >
> > And this is probably my problem. But now I have no idea where to look next
> > to solve this problem.
>
> What is your input in the database-entry of the bibtex-dialog? Does LaTeX find
> the bib-file?

I inserted it by browsing my filesystem and selecting the .bst and .bib
files. LyX removes the extensions afterwards.

> To me it looks like a problem in the .bib-file. Are all your entries correct?
> If you're not sure about that, check it or send me a minimal document with
> your bib-file (if it's too large, by privat mail).

The .bib file did work before I tried to make my own .bst file. The .bib
file is unchanged. I'll send my .bib file to your private adress. It's
12K.

> HTH,
> Dominik.-

Regards,

Marco

--
'I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."
                -- Mae West