On Tuesday 04 February 2003 04:06, Adinda Praditya wrote:
> Hi LyX users,
>
> I'm trying to use a template. I got this error message:
> "The document uses an unknown textclass "linuxdoc". LyX will not be able to
> produce output correctly"
>
> After i clicked it, it opens the template. What's the error mean? If it
> uses an unknown textclass, why it (still can) open the template? What'll
> happened if ignore this error message?

  It will default to a known textclass.

> If i should add the textclass, where i can find it and how? Is there any
> manuals i can read? Btw, is there a textclass to create linux how-to?

  You need to have installed the corresponding linuxdoc tools. Do you have
them?

  The linuxdoc template is a good starting point for linux howtos, since there
are not any special requirement.

  Docbook article is another option.

  If yes, then run Edit->Reconfigure and you are nack on the road again. ;-)

--
José Abílio