I'm having some problems with the recent release (lyx-1.3.0),
as well as some XFORMS issues.

My operating system is REDHAT LINUX 8.0  on an i386 PC.

------------
ISSUE #1
------------
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is it the case that
lyx-1.3.0 does not require XFORMS?

Currently, I have   xforms-0.88-3   installed (via the
binary package  xforms-0.88-3.i386.rpm).  This is the
only version of XFORMS that I could get to work with
lyx-1.2.3, and I have no idea why.

I would love to install xforms 1.0 with an RPM, but I have
no idea how to do the rebuilding.  I downloaded the source RPM
"xforms-1.0-release.src.rpm" from the lyx ftp site.  How do
I rebuild it into a regular old .rpm file for installation?
I tried "rpm --rebuild xforms-1.0-release.src.rpm" but it turns
out that "rebuild" is an unknown option.  Do I need to install
some other package to use "rebuild"?

Could somebody out there give me a theoretically fail safe
set of instructions so that I can install the newest version
of XFORMS?  I know that this isn't really a .lyx issue, but
I'm stuck.

------------
ISSUE #2
------------

I used the binary "lyx-1.3.0-1rh8-qt.i386.rpm" to install
version 1.3.0.

It looks great, except that I don't seem to have the usual
WYSIWYG feature when I type in formulas, greek letters, and
so forth.  It just leaves in the raw latex.

However, when I use version 1.3.0 to import older version .lyx
files, the WYSIWYG feature is as before.  Integrals, sums, etc.
show up as the symbols instead of the raw latex.

I do get an error message after I've fired up version 1.3.0 :

"Adding /usr/share/lyx/xfonts/ to the font path.
X Error of failed request:  86
  Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
  Serial number of failed request:  8
Unable to add font path."

Is this font problem the root of my WYSIWYG problems?
Why does this problem not occur for imports of older
lyx files (i.e. version 1.2.3 lyx imported into 1.3.0)?

Much thanks,

Alex Casti
[EMAIL PROTECTED]