Angus Leeming wrote:
robin wrote:

In xforms it is possible to change the character set of the GUI
independently of the language, but this doesn't seem to be the case in
Qt, unless I'm missing something.  For example, I write classroom
materials, administrative stuff etc. in English, but frequently have to
insert Turkish names, so in older versions I would set the lnguage as
English but set the encoding as iso-8859-9.  As far as I can see, in
1.3.0-qt, I can set the font but not the charset.

Robin

That is correct. This is the one major limitation of the Qt frontend at the moment. The fault, if fault is to be aportioned, lies within Qt itself I understand. Perhaps more fairly, they do not deal with many projects such as ours which do not use their classes in the core of the program and so have not had to develop the flexible interface to their library that we require in this instance. I also understand that they are now aware of our problem and are addressing it.

In the meantime, what you have got has taken an enormous amount of creative 'hacking' by John Levon to get it into the state it is now. Personally. I think that the man deserves a medal for his efforts ;-)
I'll second that!

If you require the flexibility you describe, then you are stuck with the xforms frontend for a little while longer.
I'll sacrifice flexibility for usability and aesthetics for the time being. There is no problem with the output, as I can set language and charset differently in Layout-Document, so I guess I can live with the limited GUI for a while.

Robin

--
" Like these cutters, and hackers, who will take the wall of men, and picke quarrells."
- G. Pettie

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi