Jeffrey Stephens wrote:
I am beginning the Lyx tutorial, and it says to type a few words, save the file, then "Run LaTeX to create a dvi file, with View -> DVI."

When I do this the disk thrashed for second as if something is happening, but
nothing does. I think maybe I am missing something. I did a "rpm -qa | grep dvi" and got the following:

tetex-xdvi-1.0.7-47
kdvi-3.0.3-0.7.2
tetex-dvips-1.0.7-47.1

Is there another package(s) that I need to have for this to work correctly, or does something need to be configured differently? Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Jeff S

The default DVI viewer is gv, which you may not have installed. Otherwise, change it to kdvi.

Robin

--
" Like these cutters, and hackers, who will take the wall of men, and picke quarrells."
- G. Pettie

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi