On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, vsharma wrote:

> I use Lyx1.2.3, CygwinXfree86 on WinXP.
> I have some graphics produced by printing to file using acrobat distiller
> on default paper size a4 (for the program that generates the graphics).
> I would like to crop the edges so that when pasting the page within my
> komabook layout it's width should be text width and height the (text height
> - caption height) is there some way i could do it.
> I attach the eps file as example.
> regards
> vivek

I use George Cameron's ps2epsi script when I want to convert from full
page (a4 or letter) postscript to tight-fitting cropped eps. So export to
file.ps, then

$ ps2epsi file.ps file.eps

Any whitespace around text/graphics will be cropped automatically. The
output is actually epsi, which is an extension of standard eps, but it
seems to work like normal eps with lyx/latex and many other programs.

Steve

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering