On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:11:38PM -0700, Sherwood Botsford wrote:
> Several times already I have found myself starting an expression
> a/(b+c)
> then decided afterward to rewrite it as
> -------
> b + c
>
> I've yet to find an easy and obvious way to do this.

Apart from the obvious, there is no way I am aware of.

Well, if you have Maple installed, selecting it and 'M-x math-extern maple
simplify' might do the trick in some cases, but I would not trust it.

I think one could add a few lines to make 'marking it and pressing M-m f'
work. Should I do that?

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)