On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:58:37PM +0100, Christian Ridderström wrote:
> > > I'm sorry for being totally off topic here, but does anybody have an idea
> > > why I can access Herbert's pages (http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de) from
> > > work, but not from home?
> >
> > My ISP actually answered when I called, but without a result... they
> > advised me to call Germany!!!
>
> Is calling "Germany!!!" exceptionally difficult in Sweden?   ;-)

Oh, not at all!
And it's so easy to get hold of systems administrators in
general, right ;-)  I mean, they're not busy anyway...

Of course, if I use the phone I also get to practice my German as well.
But wait, how do I find the phone number to... let me see:

         ar-huberlin1.g-win.dfn.de

oh, I know... just look it up in the yellow pages...

Instead it seems easier (and more fun) to try and install some
kind of tunneling software at work and go through that...
(I can use that for other stuff as well... like MATLAB license servers)

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-790 91 37           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr
Mechatronics lab, Dept. of Machine Design        http://www.md.kth.se