Hello,

This might be difficult to implement, or simply undesired, but how about detachable groups like in the symbols in the math-panel (in 1.3.0-Qt this seems very convenient). I could then detach a "sections" panel with, say, chapter, section, subsection,... and another, say, "mathematical" panel with theorem, lemma, proof, ...

It would of course be nice, if I could somehow also create my own panels (by editing some text file for example).

I do agree however that a full list should appear somewhere (maybe detach the panels from the list).

Amir.

Owen Lucas wrote:
Although it probably goes against the LyX GUI feel I think that once you know what you want, using the keyboard is a much faster and convenient way to select the style.

Paul Medwell wrote:

You can manually change the ordering of the styles by using something
like the following in your .layout file.