Could somebody please give me a hint what I have to do after this warning:

LyX Warning! Couldn't determine system directory. Try the '-sysdir' command
line parameter or set the environment variable LYX_DIR_12x to the LyX system
directory containing the file `chkconfig.ltx'.
Using built-in default /usr/share/lyx but expect problems.
sh: line 1: /usr/share/lyx/configure: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

I am using Lyx 1.2.1

library dir is /usr/share/lyx
user dir is ~/.lyx

I do not know how to do this:
Try the '-sysdir' command line parameter

or:
set the environment variable LYX_DIR_12x to the LyX system directory
containing the file `chkconfig.ltx

sh: line 1: /usr/share/lyx/configure: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
(file or directory not found)
find tells me, that configure is in /usr/local/share/lyx
chkconfig.ltx in in ~/.lyx
and in
/usr/local/share/lyx
and in
/usr/share/libtool/libltdl
and in
/usr/share/doc/packages/samba ...

I tried to find a solution by reading the help files but could not manage. Its
probably something easy (perhaps just copying the configure file from
/usr/local/share/lyx into
 /usr/share/lyx/
but I have usually experienced small katastrophes by doing things like this.

Thank you kindly

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Engelmann