On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Jean-Pierre.Chretien wrote:

> >>Hi
> >>
> >>I'm using bibunits.sty to insert a special list of references in my
> >>thesis. In this case I don't want the usual "Bibliography"-title, and I'm
> >>using a tip from this list to fix that. My question is if this
> >>solution will cause problems later on.
> >>
> >>Bascially I'm doing the following:
> >>(The lyx-file is here: http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/lyx/examples/bibunits/ )
> >>
> >>In preamble:        \usepackage{bibunits}
> >>
> >>In document:
> >>    (ERT)   \begin{bibunit}[unsrt]
> >>
> >>            Normal citations (or \nocite{}-commands)
> >>
> >>    (ERT)   \def\chapter*#1{}
>
> What about refining the sectioning level of bibliography instead ?
> \renewcommand{\bibliographysection}{\section}
> and the local title
> \renewcommand{\bibliographytext}{Specific bibliography}

If I do that, what will happen to the "real" bibliography that I have at
the end of my thesis? Won't that be redefined as well?

Anyway, I'll tried your suggestion, but it complains that the commands
don't exist. See
        http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/lyx/examples/bibunits/bibunits2.lyx
        http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/lyx/examples/bibunits/bibunits2.pdf

then I tried using \newcommand instead of \renewcommand but I still didn't
get the desired result.

> >>    (ERT)   \putbib[aBibtexFile]
>

> >>I've figured out that "\def\chapter*#1{}" redefines the environment
> >>chapter*, but I'm not sure if this will be temporary, or if there is a
> >>risk that later 'chapter*'-environments will be affected?
>
> It should depend at which level this is done, may be
> setting braces to describe the scope of the change prevents
> exporting it further, I'm not sure.
>
> >>In the original tip, the redefinition was to be inserted just before the
> >>bibliography, so there wasn't any risk of affecting a later
> >>chapter*-environment.
>
> This redefinition of chapter* may kill the appendix layout anyway.

Ok, so appendix uses chapter*... then I can test that and just see if
the \def\... scheme works - and it does... the Appendices look just as
usual to me.
        http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/lyx/examples/bibunits/bibunits.pdf

/Christian

--