Helge Hafting wrote:

> Davor Cengija wrote:
>> I see many people are using (or at least, trying to use) qt version of
>> LyX. What are the qt version's advantages over the xforms one?
> [...]
>> Some killer feature? :-)
>
> No killers, but several small ones.  Here are some not yet mentioned:
>
> * Free resizing.  Xforms won't let you resize lyx smaller than the
> initial size.

True. But since I didn't know about that I guess I never needed lyx window
smaller that the initial size.

> * The widget used for selecting paragraph type
> "standard,bullet,section,chapter,..."
>    is much faster.  With xforms you click it, get a drop list with a
> scrollbar
>    and navigate that.  With qt3 you click it and keep the button pressed,
>    and get a pulldown menu with everything in view.  No scrollbar.  Just
>    move the mouse to the type you want and release the button.
>    Selecting paragraph types is less work this way.

But pressing Alt+P+<key> is even lesser work.

The main advantage (yes, advantage) with xforms is that it supports latin2
characters out of the box, while with qt I have to chase some package
around. And I really want to work using computer, not to work on computer.

Thanks

Davor
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]