On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:35:36PM +0200, Roberto Bernetti wrote:
> Hi
> I upgrade my SuSE linux 8.0 to 8.2. One of the most used packet on my desktop
> is lyx. SuSE 8.2 is shipped with lyx 1.3 and 8.0 with 1.16fix.
> I noted two great differeces that leave me unhappy:
>
> 1. when in math mode and I type a tex sequence in 1.16 it is automatically,
> after a typed space, rendered as its graphic meaning. This in 1.3 doesn't
> work the text changes only color to red

Some Font is not installed. Probably installing
latex-ttf-fonts from ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/contrib will help.

If so, complain to SuSE for shipping rpms with broken dependencies.

> 2. under the menu item layout I can no nmore find latex preamble, so I don't
> know how to edit some feature of my previous documents.

Document->Preamble perhaps.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)