John Levon wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 06:14:35PM -0600, Fernando Perez wrote:

I have the same problem with these as I had with the old ones: I can't get accented characters to display properly in normal text. I can send you a

What LANG ? What document language ?

[~]> echo $LANG en_US

Document language is English. But my name is still Fernando Pérez, and I want that accent in there, regardless of whether I'm writing in Spanish or in English :)

Anyway, this problem has nothing to do with these fonts at all, which
are only supposed to be used for showing math symbols

Ah, but they work really nice for displaying text :) And the kicker is, your Lyx display ends up looking _almost_ like printed latex, especially with instant-math-preview on.

See, when you give people a good thing, they'll never thank you. They'll just come back and ask you to make it even better ;)

I'm not particularly interested in doing this, I'm not a font hacker

Understood. But maybe somewhere down the road, someone can pick it up and finish it.

Anyway, it's a minor nit with an easy workaround, so don't loose sleep over it.

Best,

f.