On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Nirmal Govind wrote:

> I'm not sure why you resorted to the article class.. the CV class
> included with LyX can produce something very similar..

very short on time... I've been looking a bit at the CV class now.

> I created mine using the CV class.. it's at:
>
> www.personal.psu.edu/nug107/CV_Nirmal_Govind.pdf
>
> I can send you the lyx file in case you want to take a look at it..

Please do, btw, can I put a link to it in the CV-example page?
(and/or put the lyx-code there?).

Looking at your example tells me how the different paragraph styles can
be used, which is very useful of course.

> Btw, I have a suggestion for the LyX webpage: it would be nice to add
> a section titled  "Sample documents created with LyX" or something like
> that and put up some user contributed representative docs that portray
> the potential of LyX.. I see it fitting neatly in the current "Wow! Tell
> me more!" section..

I'm thinking of trying to get similar functionality by putting a
wiki-wiki at www.lyx.org, and in one of the areas in the wiki people could
add their sample documents. This is work in progress, so for now I'm using
my web-site instead ... :-)

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr