Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

>> OT: Seriously xforms is dead... Noone except longtime users will use it.
>
> Wrong. Users who have no other choice will also use it. Current Cygwin
> users, for example.
>
> Why beat a living horse to death? LyX can only benefit from having
> multiple maintained frontends.

I am not opposed to the multiple frontends: I think a gtk, gnome or even
Windows port would be more popular than xforms as well.

Hmm, does the qt port to cygwin not work for lyx yet? And does lyx always
have to stick to the feature set of xforms, which is not used by many
applications beside lyx? And does a native port of xforms to OSX or Windows
exist?

But as you said, it is a dead horse and I won't tell more capable people
than me how to spend their valuable hacking time.

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann [EMAIL PROTECTED] wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux