i decided to broaden my search to include "Customization"
and found the chapter on the lyx server.  it works just fine now.
alex.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivas, Alexander Raymond
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Sent: 8/24/2003 1:29 PM
Subject: lyx server pipe

i'm trying to use pybliographic with lyx.  when i try to insert a
citation i get an error message about not being able to connect to
the lyx server pipe ~/.lyx/lyxpipe.in.  i set my LyxServer pipe
to this and reconfigured and this did not work.  this is also about
the limit of my imagination as far as things to try.  i haven't been
able to find any documentation on server pipes.  any help would be
greatly appreciated.
thanks,
alex.