On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> That looks like the sobig.f worm. Don't double-click on the attachment,
> if you are reading the email on a Windows machine.
>
> The worm comes in an attached ".pif" or ".scr" or ".exe" file of about 99K
> bytes.

Was there really an attachment (I don't have the mail any longer), or had
the attachment been stripped before it was sent through the list?
I didn't see one, and usually our mail filter replaces sobig.f-attachments
with a text message saying that the attachment has been removed).

This doesn't really matter of course, except that for people running
Windows, it would be good to check that trashy Micro$oft-extensions
aren't allowed through the list.

/Christian

PS. My aversion to MS was recentely amplified by installing W2K - I had
to reboot ten+ times while installing service packs and graphics drivers.

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr