-----------*snip*------------
I want the first quote to point inside and not with its tail pointing outside and away from the word. Does this make sense?

Yes, and the unpleasant truth is that you have to do it with raw LaTeX, as I found _after_ I'd sent my PostScript file to be printed.

Actually, if one opens a single-quote with the "left quote" key (left side of the keyboard, under the tilde on my keyboard), and closes it with the other single-quote key (on the right of the keyboard, under the double-quote), then things should look correct. No raw LaTeX needed.

Curtis Osterhoudt

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general