Am Don, 2003-10-16 um 21.18 schrieb Tomasz Koziara:
> Encouradged by the previous feedback, i have two more questions:
>
> 1. How to center a figure vertically in the page ( in case it is one and
> alone in the page ) ???
>
> 2. Is it possible to have a picture next to the text ( or text next to
> the picture :) ) in vertical direction ???

Even if I only know the answer to the second part of your second
question: Text is put under a picture (some description and numbering)
in the "caption"-environment; as far as I can tell it's only active
inside floats of any kind (pictures, tables, ...)

- but this seems to be done automatically within LyX-1.3.3

--
Kai Johannes Keller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>