Hello,

I have three problems that I was hoping someone could help me with. The first is I need to be able to change the default spacing between section names in the TOC. So for example, say I have:

CHAPTER 1...........2
  Section 1.1.......2
  Section 1.2.......5

and I want to change the spacing between Section 1.1 and Section 1.2. Is there a way this can be done?

Second, I need the first paragraph of my abstract to indent. The report class default is for it not to be indented. I have tried entering \hspace*{\parindent} in front of the paragraph in ERT, but this does not work. I am also using the indentfirst package, but this does not affect the abstract default settings.

Lastly, I need pages that begin a new chapter (i.e. pages that have CHAPTER 1.. on them) to have 2 inches of space from the top of the page to the chapter title instead of the default, which looks to be around 2.5 inches or so. All other pages can stay at the default spacing.

For reference, I am using the report class in LyX 1.3.3. Thanks in advance.

Brad