On Tuesday 04 November 2003 06:11 pm, tarvydas wrote:

"I'm trying to create a letter which includes a letterhead logo in the upper
left hand corner and I would like to add an address to the logo.

Any pointers?"

Although I am a newbie also, I have a nice, flexible LyX letterhead. I suggest
you skip the letter class because only a guru can customize it. Letter class
was apparently designed to allow one to quickly change the mailing address
and salutation when sending the same letter to many different people.  It was
not designed for an office that needs the ability to change the elements of
the letter.

Try the article class and start with a blank. Put your fancy stuff at the top.
Then you can try the right address and address environments, which are
included in the article class, for your addresses. I think these are the
aspects of the letter class that are of the greatest utility for most users.
(The right address environment is especially clever.)

Next you can add your own salutation, text area, closing, cc, P.S., etc. and
make the form into a template. With this template it should be relatively
easy to add ad hoc stuff you need from time to time about reference numbers,
mailing instructions, and the like.

One thing about the letter class that we are supposed to love is the automatic
provision of the date. With the article class, you will have to provide your
own date. But in my shop, I want my dates to stay put.

Good luck!

Hank McFadyen in Dallas, TX