Hello,

Please include [EMAIL PROTECTED] on replies.

I am aware one cannot have multipage floats. I have a paper with lots of
algorithms floating around, a couple of which happen to be longer then a
page. I would like to continue to use the nice LyX algorithm float, but
somehow do something special about the long ones. I have found some advice on
the web, but I am not sure what the best way is. I would appreciate a pointer
to what the best approach with LyX is.

For example, for long tables
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/LaTeX/floats/nonFloat.phtml
recommended just redefining the meaning of \algorithm. Something modeled
after:

\newenvironment{myTables}[1] {% caption as parameter
  \stepcounter{table}
  \vspace{1ex}
  \addcontentsline{lot}{section}{\thetable\hspace{0.75em} #1}
  \center{\textbf{Table \thetable : }#1}%
}
{%
  \vspace{1ex}%
  \addtocounter{table}{-1}%
}

And then this piece from some (old?) Lyx documentation:

Algorithms
(from LATEX Configuration)
The package algorithm is needed by LYX to be able to output
``algorithm-floats''. These are useful in placing short algorithms across
page breaks and support an ``index of algorithms'' too.

Thanks,
Aleksandar
--
__________________________________
Aleksandar Donev
Complex Materials Theory Group (http://cherrypit.princeton.edu/)
Princeton Materials Institute &
Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics
@ Princeton University
Address:
   419 Bowen Hall, 70 Prospect Avenue
   Princeton University