On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Günter Milde wrote:

> Dear lyxers,
>
> I'd like to bind the "backslash-action" (insert a (La)TeX command and try to
> show as symbol) to a more easy accessible key, as backslash is
> Alt-Gr-sharp-s on my German keybord.
>
> So far I tried:
>
> in my *.kbd keybindings file:
>
> \kmap \\ \#
> \kmap \# \\
>
> -> Works only in text, not in mathed.
>
> in my *.bind keybindings file:
>
> \bind "numbersign"      "math-insert backslash"
> \bind "backslash"       "math-insert numbersign"
>
> -> does insert a literal backslash with Key-#
>
> So, what is the name of the function bound to \ in mathed?
> Can I rebind it?

Maybe it's not a function, but just a character? If nothing else, you
should be able to use a 'command-sequence' that inserts a '\', and then
you bind the command sequence to whatever key you like. See these links:

        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Tips/KeyboardShortcuts
        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Tips/CommandSequences

> BTW: Is there a function to show the keybindings on the statusbar (like
> the show-key in jed or emacs)?

I don't think so, but this script:
        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Tools/LyxBindings
can show you all bindings.