I have abandoned trying to get Lyx to run with qt on Slackware 9.0
(after much fustration)
and am now trying to get Lyx to run under Slackware 9.0 with xForms instead.
However I cannot find a copy of xforms 1.0 source anywhere.
The following three locations

        http://world.std.com/~xforms/
        ftp://ncmir.ucsd.edu/pub/xforms/OpenSource/xforms-1.0-release.tgz
        ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/xforms/OpenSource/xforms-1.0-release.tgz

(the ftp.lyx.org/pub directory does not seem so have an xforms subdirectory)

listed in the Lyx source INSTALL  file are all dead ends as
are all the links I could find using google.
Most of the links to xforms that I found end up saying to go to:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=xforms

which leads to an URL not found message.

Please do not hesitate to point that I am being really dumb
here, but please point me to an Xforms 1.0 source that
I can download.
If anyone has gotten lyx to run on slackware 9.0 feel free to put salt on my wounds by pointing out your
success; and while your at it tell me how you did it.

Thanks.

Ralph Boland