jorgen johansson wrote:

Some questions/problems:

1) My jpg figure is still converted.
Is this because inside lyx I have specified output scale to 20%?

no, this is passed to TeX

2) Run l2h from inside LyX:
(by specifying latex->html coverter in prefs)
The command is: latex2html -debug -no_subdir -split 2 -show_section_numbers -image_type jpg test4.tex

In this case I get a reduced color (256) jpg image, I'd rather have it in the orginal color if possible (let say at a color depth of 24).

I suppose that LyX runs latex instead of pdflatex and then latex2html takes the converted jpg-eps and converts it again to jpg.

Try to run _first_ pdflatex from inside LyX and then
latex2html.

Herbert