On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, [UTF-8] Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> > The issues involve:
> > * How to get roman pagenumbering of the first pages, and arabic starting
> > with the first section.
> > * How to add a 'hypertarget' and 'pdfbookmark' to the TOC
>
> You can remove this stuff if you don't like it.

On the contrary, I like it.

> But why do you think that it scares off novices? In the output you see
> nothing and in LyX I described every command with a yellow note.

When I used to read the user's guide, I mostly did it using LyX --- it
allows me to search the document etc.

As for the part about novices, I think it's a good policy to keep the
start of the user's guide clean and simple. Otherwise they might think
that this is the way all documents appear, and that they also need the
insets etc.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr