Get the free sample of word2tex. It worked very well for me. I just needed it once so I did not buy it. If you want to keep using it, it must mean it is important so you can pay. I see on their page http://www.sciencesoftware.com/Word2TeX.asp it is now $99 or such. I've not used it in Office XP, but for Office 2000 it was really great.

pj

Raphael Clifford wrote:

Hi,

In relation to wvWare and rtf2latex2e, you really need to email the developers of those application and include as small an example .rtf as you can that shows these problems.

Cheers,
Raphael

Aric Gregson wrote:

My first use of Lyx/LateX has been trying to convert a messy MS Word
document from .rtf into Lyx. I have essentially created it anew from
within Lyx, but it has been a tremendous amount of work.

I tried to convert the document using wvWare and rtf2latex2e (either
.doc or .rtf, respectively) to no effect. wvWare uniformly crashes and
rft2latex2e gets about 3 pages into the document for crashing from
imageMagick error. I have reinstalled all without any improvement.

Using Lyx 1.3.4, Mac OSX 10.2.8. I have tried to compile word2x on my
machine, but it doesn't seem to make correctly.

thanks,

aric

--
Paul E. Johnson email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept. of Political Science http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn