On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 01:08:57PM -0800, Stefano Franchi wrote:
>       I was wondering is there is way to switch  "Comment" paragraphs on
>       and off the formatted output. What I am trying to do is to emulate the
> "Conditional text" feature of FrameMaker (a more powerful version of
> Word's "invisible text").  I looked through the documentation, FAQs,
> etc., but could not find anything. Perhaps "Comment" is not the right
> paragraph environment? Or perhaps I need an additional package? Any
> help is greatly appreciated.

In the Document menu, choose Preamble and paste the following line:

\usepackage{comment}

And then one of the following two lines for if you want them printed or not.

\includecomment{comment}
\excludecomment{comment}

This will work for what you describe, but LyX lacks proper conditional text
support. (Yes, I know the ifthen-package workaround, that's pretty ugly.)