> The outcome of it seems to be that spie.cls is crap, and that using
> citesort.sty might help (and Donald Arseneau is the man who should
> know about this stuff...)

I emailed him, but he's not responding and in the meantime I got a deadline
coming up.

But I figured what I can do is just write the last 2 pages, the ones with the
bibliography as a separate document, using the regular article class, and
then append them to the rest of the document, in postscript format.

So the question becomes. I have two postscript files, and I want to
concatenate them into one, that is append the second one, which contains 2
pages, to the first.

How can I do that?

Actually, now that I think of it, this would be pretty nice as a feature
request. The ability to have documents where different chunks use different
styles. Although it seems like a non-trivial problem.

Alex.