Chavoux Luyt wrote:
> Here is the shortened Lyx file. I'm sorry if it is too long, but I
> didn't know what was  important and whar not.

I take it that you never fired up lyx from the console so that you could
see any warning messages it printed out when it loaded your document?

$ qlyx13x luyt.lyx
unusual contents found: [char Y mathalpha][char   mathalpha][char =
mathalpha][char   mathalpha][char a mathalpha][char   mathalpha][char -
mathalpha][char   mathalpha][char b mathalpha][char x mathalpha]
unusual contents found: [char Y mathalpha][char   mathalpha][char =
mathalpha][char   mathalpha][char a mathalpha][char x mathalpha][char
mathalpha][char - mathalpha][char b mathalpha][sup [char x mathalpha]
[char 2 mathalpha]]

LyX's math editor doesn't sanity-check your latex. If you input garbage,
then garbage is what you get.

The latex way is to use 'Floats' to contain your figures. The Float inset
will allow you to insert a caption. See attached file which now works
perfectly.

Regards,
--
Angus