Hi

According to the Lyx user manual you can only reference labels of numbered sections. Is there a way to circumvent this at all? Is it possible to use cross-references where the Label (that is referenced) uses the first few words of the following text instead of a number and the cross-reference then display these words? I decided not to use BibTex (or rather Pybliography) because I already have my references in a Paradox database (in a Delphi program) together with keywords and my own notes that can be used for searching... it looks as if it will take too much time to get the whole database into Pybliographic (and I don't know how much of a searching capability Pybliogrphic has). It is easier for me to just copy and paste when I need a new reference in my paper.

An alternative would be if there exists some program to export Paradox to BibTex somehow conserving the original database format (or at least a format with notes and searchable keywords). I am able to export the Paradox to dbf (2 seperated tables and losing the referential integrity, indexes & validity checks) if there is a way to get dbf into BibTex (or to get Lyx to connect directly to a sql database).

All help (or pointers to relevant documents) will be appreciated.
Chavoux.