On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:42:09 +0200
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John> That was 1.3.5cvs... Maybe I shouldn't report this 'cause it is
> John> not garanteed to work.
>
> Err, things in the stable 1.3.x branch are supposed to be zorking all
> the time...
>
> John> No example file is necessary - just starting LyX and clicking
> John> 'File|New' is enough.
>
> Do you have a relevant .lyx/templates/default.lyx file?

Mnnn... I do not find default.lyx, either in .lyx/templates/ nor in
/usr/share/lyx/templates. The default document is the standard article
class, if that helps.

Below is the output of -dbg any near the error message.

John

------

Comment read: `# This include files contains various standard environments
for Comment read: `# Examle style: it's like description with Example Nr,
where Nr Comment read: `# by the system'
Comment read: `#'
Comment read: `# General'
Comment read: `#'
Comment read: `#'
Comment read: `# ---------------------------------------------------'
Comment read: `# OneColAbstract -style definition for twocolumn mode '
Comment read: `# Herbert Voss 010525'
Reading style OneColAbstract
Comment read: `#  LabelType             Manual'
Comment read: `#  LeftMargin            MMN'
LyXFont::setLyXShape: Unknown shape `normal'
LongString: `'
Prefix = `'
LongString: `    \usepackage{abstract}% available at CTAN'