On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, mario wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my first post
>
> I am trying to install Lyx on Fedora Core2. Something is missing (see
> below)
> Pls, advise a newbie.
> Thanks  Regards mario
> When ./configure, I get the foll0wing msg:
>
> Configuration
>   Host type:                      i686-pc-linux-gnu
>   Special build flags:            included-libsigc
>   C   Compiler:                   gcc
>   C   Compiler flags:             -g -O2
>   C++ Compiler:                   g++ (3.3.3)
>   C++ Compiler flags:             -O -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
>   Linker flags:
>   Frontend:                       xforms
>     libXpm version:               4.11
>     libforms version:
>   LyX binary dir:                 /usr/local/bin
>   LyX files dir:                  /usr/local/share/lyx
>
> **** The following problems have been detected by configure.
> **** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
> **** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)
>
> ** Cannot find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms
> library
>    is correctly installed on your system.
>
> ** Cannot find forms.h. Please check that the forms library
>    is correctly installed on your system.

Hey Mario,

configure complains that it can't find forms.h, which is the header file
of the xforms libarary, the default gui for lyx. So you either have to
install the xform-library and probably its developer-package or you can
compile xforms from source. xforms-1.0 should be available from the
lyx-site.

Another possibility is compiling the qt-frontend. Just and

        --with-frontend=qt

to ./configure. If it complains (i.e. about missing moc) you should
install the qt-devel package.

Questions?

Michael